An Account Manager will handle client account management responsibilities (current and new) which include building long-term and strong partnerships by ensuring client satisfaction by working with other team members and advocating for the client throughout their journey with our company. This position is also responsible for building, growing, and maintaining strong business relationships by making sure client needs are being met and understood by each department. Their duties include handling any client complaints, working to find solutions to any client issues, and managing other departments to ensure clients are experiencing a positive, solution-focused, revenue-generating partnership.
- Managing multiple client accounts and projects.
- Building strong client relationships to retain current clients and acquire new clients.
- If improvements are not happening, the account manager is responsible for connecting with departments specialists for an action plan.
- Client accounts to be in good standing analytically and through consistent communication.
- All accounts should show regular improvement from online marketing. Analytics should support this increase, and clients must always understand what we are seeing and how that interprets to their business goals.
- Communicating with clients to ensure that all their needs are understood and addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong follow up for action items or outstanding items
- Account Manager is responsible to send written communication following any verbal communication to the client as a record of the communication and to verify both parties agree on the path forward.
- Cannot wait for the client to reach out to us, this position is responsible to verify no action items are forgotten or lack traction.
- In this position, there will always be several action items for several different client accounts.
- Account Manager must have a monthly phone call with the client that coincides with e-mail communications.
- Effectively communicate company services and the benefits of the services to both the client and fellow team members.
- Keep up to date on the latest SEO, analytics, website, local SEO, and social media updates/trends.
- Provide strategy recommendations based on client budget and desired results.
- Must understand company quote sheets, content workbooks, and playbooks.
- Provide feedback on upselling opportunities to clients based on need and budget guidelines.
- Be able to interpret and effectively communicate data/analytics to clients.
- By collecting and analyzing data concerning client/user behavior to understand changing needs.
- Should always know what is going on with client account and not be taken by surprise when asked for an update from client or leaders.
- Collaborate with department specialists to ensure that they fulfill all client requests and provide courses of action for client accounts.
- Resolving client complaints and keeping track of all processes that pertain to the client’s results.
- Identifying when a client concern/complaint must be escalated to leaders.
- Acting as the client’s representative to ensure that their demands are met with a focus on improving the client experience.
- Associates Degree (A.A./A.S.) from four-year college or university; and 2-4 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexible with industry and company changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management.
- Multitasks and handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to given deadlines
- Strong follow-up skills both internally and with clients.
- High attention to detail with strong documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, and customer service skills.
- Ability to collect, track, and analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to manage projects without direct supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and thrive in a fast-paced industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Establish client service policies and practices
- Understanding of Google Analytics is preferred
- Understanding of online marketing, organic and local SEO
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Health, Vision, & Dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Sick and Personal Time
- Paid holiday
- Company-sponsored events
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
How to Apply
If you are someone who has what we’re looking for, starts the day with a smile, and is a positive, cup half full kind of person, then absolutely consider applying for this position.
Please take the time to fill out our application, sign it, date it, and attach it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, be sure to send your resume, cover letter, and references as attachments to your email. No phone calls please…we will accept emails only.